Upcoming expeditions 2021/2022
Ethiopia South Sudan Nepal Papua New Guinea Mongolia Namibia
Chad Bangladesh Iran Armenia/ Georgia
Photo Expedition February 2022 with Roberto Pazzi
SOUTH SUDAN 2020
Copyright Roberto Pazzi
- Ethnic expedition to the untouched Mundari tribe
- Exploration of the magnificent South Sudanese nature and people
- Met the world's youngest nation
- Experienced the overnights in tents close to the tribal villages, cattle camps and Nile river
I t i n e r a r y
- Day 1 - Feb 18th: Arrival in Juba. Exploring Konyo Konyo market, one of biggest of the city and frequented by different ethic groups helping us to be introduced into South Sudanese different ethnicities. Overnight at Royal Palace Hotel.
- Day 2 - Feb 19th: From Juba to Terekeka. After breakfast we will transfer to Terekeka (100 km north to Juba, about 4 hours drive). Terekeka is the capital of the Mundari . On our way we will encounter some Mundari villages and people taking care of them long-horned cattle. Arriving in Terekeka around 1pm we will continue to Nyikabor where the camp base will be organized. Overnight in tents.
- Day 3 - 6, Feb 20th: Mundari cattle camp and village. We will wake up very early for a sunrise photographic session. After breakfast we will move around the village socializing with the locals, a good chance for shotting some good portrait and scene of life. In the evening we will have a sunset photographic session in the Mundari cattle camp. The evening is really magical with the dust raised by the cows coming back from the fields and the smoke coming from the burning cow dung used to warm up the cows during the night and to chase away the flys. Overnight in tents.
- Day 7 - Feb 24th: From Terekeka to Juba. We will wake up early to have a second sunset photographic session at the Mundari cattle camp. After breakfast we will drive back to Juba. Visit to the Konyo Konyo market for being able to take other photos. Overnight in Royal Palace Hotel.
- Day 8 - Feb 25th: Juba. After breakfast, depending on the flight time, we will visit the craft market. Transfer to the airport.
Copyright Roberto Pazzi
- Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Patan, Boudhanath Temple, Swoyambhunath, Pashupatinath Temple
- Himalaya and Annapurna circuit
- Trekking and traditional villages
- Overnights in traditional guest houses
I t i n e r a r y
- Day 1 - Dec 9th: Arrival to the international airport of Kathmandu. Meeting with the Expedition Staff and the group. Visit and sunset shooting to the Swoyambhunath standing on the hillock of Kathmandu. It is one of the world's oldest and glorious Buddhist chaityas (stupa). Dinner in nepali traditional style. Overnight in Kathmandu.
- Day 2 - Dec 10th: Visit to Kathmandu Durbar Square (World Heritage Sites, UNESCO) Basantapur Durbar Square is one of the famous sightseeing sports for the wood carving. Some buildings in the Square collapsed due to a major earthquake on 2015. In the afternoon, drive to Patan city and visit of Durbar Square, a marvel with Newar architecture. Dinner in nepali traditional style. Overnight in Patan.
- Day 3 - Dec 11th: Drive to Bhaktapur and visit of the city. Sidda Pokhari (lake), Royal palace, the lion gate, the golden gate, the palace of Fifty Five Windows, the picture gallery, the statue of King Bhupatindra Malla, Bastala Temple, the Pashupati Tempe, Nyatapola Temple, Bhairab Nath Temple, Dattatraya Temple, Mayur Jhyal (Peacock windows) etc. are the main attractions. Dinner in nepali traditional style. Overnight in Bhaktapur.
- Day 4 - Dec 12th: In the morning, visit to the Pashupatinath Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and one of the four most important religious sites in Asia for devotees of Shiva. In the afternoon visit to Bouddhanath one of the biggest stupa in the world. Dinner in nepali traditional style. Overnight in Kathmandu.
- Day 5 - Dec 13th: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (4 or 5 hours). Overnight at Pokhara.
- Day 6 - Dec 14th: Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul (2 hours), the gateway of Annapurna base camp trek. Start of the trek (4-5 hour) to Ghandruk village (m. 1940 asl) among paddy fields view. Overnight at Ghandruk village.
- Day 7 - Dec 15th: Trek (6-7 hours) from Ghandruk village to Sinuwa (m. 2340 asl) across Komrong Danda, Komrong Khola and the nice big village of Chhomrong and a nice mountain view. Overnight at Lodge.
- Day 8 - Dec 16th: Trek from Sinuwa to Deurali (m 3230 asl) along a trail mostly uphill and jungle (6-7 hours) and across Bamboo, Dovan, and Himalaya. Overnight at Lodge.
- Day 9 - Dec 17th: Trek from Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) located m 4130 asl. It takes 5-6 hours walk. At Machhapuchhre Base Camp, is possible to have a great view of Machhapuchhre, Annapurna South, Himchuli, Gandharva Chuli, Glacier Dom, Annapurna III, Gangapurna etc. Sanset view in ABC and overnight at Lodge.
- Day 10 - Dec 18th: Sunrise view of Annapurna I, Barahi Shikhar, Tent Peak, Annapurna South, Himchuli, Gandharva Chuli. Trek from ABC to Bamboo (m 2310 asl) via Machhapuchhre Base Camp, Deurali, Himalaya, Dovan. It takes 6-7 hours walk. Overnight at Lodge.
- Day 11 - Dec 19th: Trek from Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (m 1760 asl) for approximately 5 hours visiting a hot spring where it is possible to dip in the pools. Overnight at tea house.
- Day 12 - Dec 20th: Trek from Jhinu to Siwai (3-4 hours). From Siwai, drive to Pokhara (3 hours drive). Overnight at the Hotel in Pokhara.
- Day 13 - Dec 21st: Drive back to Kathmandu (4 or 5 hours).
- Day 14 - Dec 22nd: Departure from the international airport of Kathmandu.
Copyright Roberto Pazzi
- Tehran, Shiraz, Kerman, Yazd, Isfahan and Kashan
- Persepolis, Naghshe-Rostam, Pasargadae, Meymand, Shahdad, Mahan, Rayen, Zein-o-Din Caravanserai and Na'in
- Sar Agha Seyed village and Zagros mountains
- Dasht-e Lut desert at the sunset
- Qashqai and Bakhtiari nomadic villages
- Overnights in caves, traditional houses and nomadic villages
I t i n e r a r y
- Day 1 - Sep 15th : Arrival to the international airport of Tehran.
- Day 2 - Sep 16th: Visit of Tehran (Bazar, Golestan Palace, Archeological Museum). Domestic flight to Shiraz.
- Day 3 - Sep 17th: Visit of Shiraz (Nasir Mosque, Vakil Mosque, Vakil Bazar and Hammam, Hafez Mausoleum and Hamza ibn-'Ali ibn-Ahmad). Overnight in Shiraz.
- Day 4 - Sep 18th: Visit of the historical sites of Persepolis, Naqsh-e Rustam and Pasargadae. Transfer to the Qashqai village and overnight in tents.
- Day 5 - Sep 19th: Transfer to the village of Meymand through Bavanat. Picnic lunch. Arrival to Meymand, visiting the village and overnight in caves.
- Day 6 - Sep 20th: Transfer to Shahdad through Kerman. Excursion by 4WD car in the heart of Dasht-e Lut Desert at the sunset. Return to Shahdad and overnight in traditional houses.
- Day 7 - Sep 21st: Transfer to Rayen. Visit of the citadel built in mud bricks and visit of the Prince Garden. Transfer to Kerman. Visit of the bazar and hammam. Overnight in Kerman.
- Day 8 - Sep 22nd: Transfer to Yazd through Rafsanjan and the Zein-o-Din Caravanserai. Arrival to Yazd, visit of the Towers of Silence, Amir Chakhmaq and the Persian Gym. Overnight in Yazd.
- Day 9 - Sep 23rd: Visit of Yazd (Jamè Mosque, Fahadan ancient quarter).Overnight in Yazd.
- Day 10 - Sep 24th: Transfer to Meybod and visit of this city (pigeon house, caravanserai). Transfer to Na'in and visit of the Jamè Mosque. Arrival to Isfahan, visit of the Knogin and Si-o-se Pol bridges. Overnight in Isfahan.
- Day 11 - Sep 25th: Visit of Isfahan (Naghshe jahan Square, Imam Mosque, Sheikh lotfallah Mosque, Ali Qapu palace, Bazar). Lunch in the bazar. Overnight in Isfahan.
- Day 12 - Sep 26th: Vist of Isfahan (Cathedral Vank and the Armenian district). Transfer to Kuhrang through Shahrekord. Contact with the Bakhtiari nomads and transfer by their vehicles to the village of Sar Agha Seyed. Visit of the village. Return and overnight in Kuhrang.
- Day 13 - Sep 27th: Transfer to Kashan through Najafabad and Shahin Shahr. Arrival to Kashan and visit in the evening of the Agha Bozorg Mosque. Overnight in a traditional house.
- Day 14 - Sep 28th: Visit of the Bazar Timcheh of Kashan. Visit of Kashan (Fin Garden, Borujerdi house, hammam) and transfer to Theran.
- Day 15 - Sep 29th: Return flight from the international airport of Tehran.